- This event has passed.
Norco Fish Shed Readiness for Derby
April 7, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Reminder, this Sunday April 7th, there is an opportunity to earn volunteer hours between 8.30AM-12N . The work party activities are as follows, plus a request for volunteers to bring a few hand-tools and power tools. Weather forecast looks good!
– Setup the fish shed for the April 13th fishing derby, which entails moving a lot of idle materials out of the shed to the trailer and or the dump. A tractor will be on hand and a pickup truck will also be helpful to have.
– Help setup the new fish shack grill…maybe we will have lunch on it…
– Clean brush around the pond, with weedwhacker with a weed blade. If you have a weedwhacker with a blade, that would be helpful. Also a simple handsaw to clear out thicker items
– Garden rakes to pull out wind-blown debris that is around the pond edges
– Help watch a set fire to burn off brush and wood behind the pistol range berm. Weather and wind permitting, it will be set at 10am…and needs to be tended/watched if conditions change. We will run a hose from the shed and move sand/shovel to have on hand.
– Some small cleanup around the clubhouse such as picking up plow markers, decommissioning the sand barrels, etc..
– A tractor will be doing some road leveling…if anyone has a tractor with a scrape blade of box blade, would be ideal to have a second one tackling some of the ruts.
Arrive at 8:30, grab a donut and coffee and continue onto the fish shed.
Based on volunteer turnout, a few minor cleanup efforts at the pistol/rifle range. A small crew did a lot of work this past Sunday, 3/31. Need cordless drill and bit to fix-up the bowling pin shoot saw-horses.
Keep an eye out for the May 11th cleanup day too…..
Earn 15 hours or more hours in 2019, your 2020 dues are discounted $90
Many new members should come out and meet the club members. Too often, too few do too much and can burn out.