- This event has passed.
Pheasant Hunt Program with Stocked Birds – No Food Program Due to Covid
November 21, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pheasant Hunting at Norco on Saturdays
2020 is a bit different due to COVID-19 and many things remain the same:
- Clubhouse building is closed.
- One restroom to use, from the outside patio first floor with your Norco gate key.
- Wear a mask when possible, such as when all the hunting groups gather on the front lawn
- Norco trap & skeet, rifle & pistol, archery and 3D archery ranges are closed all day Saturday … if you notice anyone using these ranges, please advise them to leave for their safety
- Saturday pheasant hunting at Norco aligns with the state season, mid-October through end-November . Also, you must have a current MA Hunting License. https://www.mass.gov/info-
- Opening day is Saturday, October 17th
If you are new to pheasant hunting at Norco, here are a few details to plan for and enjoy your outing.
- volunteers set out first batch of pheasants in the fields at 7:00AM. Open to anyone to help, just show up at 6:45AM ; Hunting starts at 8:00AM
- volunteers set out second batch of pheasants in the fields at 11:00AM; hunting starts at 1:00PM ; time to go offsite for lunch
- anyone hunting with dogs should be parked off to the left of the club-house and dogs do their business in the area around the grassy areas between the service road/parking area/dumpster and the edge of the woods. If a dog does relieve themselves on the club lawn in-front of the club or near the archery area entrance, be kind to pickup. Trash cans near club entrance and or the parking lot dumpster.
- no club provided breakfast or lunch; no volunteer provided pot luck lunches
- breakfast on your own before you arrive or brown bag it ; picnic tables on the club patio
- lunch on your own before you arrive or brown bag it; plenty of time to go offsite for a bite too
- afternoon hunting from 1:00 PM until dusk.
- pheasant wings from dressed birds can left around the dumpster; dog owners are welcome to take some for dog training
- no shooting at birds sitting/running on the ground to ensure hunting dogs safety. Bird needs to flush and fly before shooting.
- give common courtesies ; e.g. one party in a small field at a time. unless retrieving a downed bird.
- No field dressing in the woods, only at the club and carcass goes in the trash, unless wings left for dog training next to the dumpster.
- anything not covered here, ask Bill Whiting, Bill@norco.club
Safe hunting for everyone and best of luck filling your game bag.