If you are new to pheasant hunting at Norco, here are a few details to plan and enjoy your outing.
- volunteers set out pheasants in the fields at 5:45 am. Open to anyone, just show up at 5.30 am.
- anyone hunting with dogs should be parked off to the left of the club-house and dogs do their business in the area around the grassy areas between the service road/parking area/dumpster and the edge of the woods. If a dog does relieve themselves on the club lawn in-front of the club or near the archery area entrance, be kind to pickup. Trash cans near club entrance and or the parking lot dumpster.
- breakfast served between 7:00am-8:00am ; nominal charge
- some discussion over breakfast as to who is heading to which fields first.
- hunting starts at 8:00am
- lunch is available 12 noon – 1:00pm; nominal charge
- afternoon hunting until dusk
- clubhouse opens at 2:00 pm to kick-back and recount the day’s outing
- pheasant wings from dressed birds can left around the dumpster; dog owners are welcome to take some for dog training
- anything not covered here, ask anyone over breakfast and lunch
- Norco trap & skeet, rifle & pistol, archery and 3D archery ranges are closed all day Saturday … if you notice anyone using these ranges, please advise them to leave for their safety
Saturday pheasant hunting at Norco aligns with the state season, October 14th to November 25th
For 2017, we have a “learn Pheasant Taxidermy Class, if interested click here to read-on and take action by Oct 20th