If you are new to pheasant hunting at Norco, here are a few details to plan and enjoy your outing.
- volunteers set out pheasants in the fields at 5:45 am. Open to anyone, just show up at 5.30 am.
- anyone hunting with dogs should be parked off to the left of the club-house and dogs do their business in the area around the grassy areas between the service road/parking area/dumpster and the edge of the woods. If a dog does relieve themselves on the club lawn in-front of the club or near the archery area entrance, be kind to pickup. Trash cans near club entrance and or the parking lot dumpster.
- breakfast served between 7:00am-8:00am ; nominal charge
- some discussion over breakfast as to who is heading to which fields first.
- hunting starts at 8:00am
- lunch is available 12 noon – 1:00pm; volunteers sought to prep a meal, contact email@example.com
- afternoon hunting until dusk
- clubhouse opens at 2:00 pm to kick-back and recount the day’s outing
- pheasant wings from dressed birds can left around the dumpster; dog owners are welcome to take some for dog training
- anything not covered here, ask anyone over breakfast and lunch
- Norco trap & skeet, rifle & pistol, archery and 3D archery ranges are closed all day Saturday … if you notice anyone using these ranges, please advise them to leave for their safety
- Based on how one may count a field and rock wall dividers, Norco has 10 pheasant fields to work.
Saturday pheasant hunting at Norco aligns with the state season, October 13th to November 24th