Details to be posted soon.
The derby outline
– fish anywhere in central MA, dawn until 1PM; 1PM all catches have to be submitted, measured, ranked (for prizes) ; no frozen fish
– fish categories are bass, perch, pike, and trout …. without any sub-species small/largemouth bass; brook/rainbow etc; length of fish is taken
– 3 prizes per category; club has a range of fishing prizes include augers, tippets, lures, tackleboxes, jigging rods, spinning rod/reel combo
– no plan to have more prizes or a drawing determined yet, wait and see how the number of entrants works out
– food plan is hotdogs, hamburgers, salads for $5 at the clubhouse
– entrants must pre-register by Feb 10th, 9PM ; adults $10 ; kids $2 ; assume everyone required to have a license has a license
– entrants can be non-members; those members fishing with kids encouraged to take friends out too.
Other related details
– no plan to stock the Norco pond….nothing to catch either, and mother nature usually makes the ice unsafe
– no breakfast at the club to kickoff the derby, allows fishermen to get out in a timely fashion