Norco Sportsman’s Club May 2020 updates on what is open, canceled, or postponed. Norco leadership continues to monitor state guidance for COVID-19, hold meetings via teleconference, pickup postal mail, respond to email inquiries and voicemails.
Continued to be closed until further notice for May:
2) clubhouse rentals,
3) member meeting will not be held on May 14th,
4) and trap & skeet operations.
Postponed May programs:
1) Metal recycle days will not be held on May 9 & 10 as scheduled. New dates TBD, most likely mid-summer when non-essential businesses restrictions are reduced.
2) New membership requests will be deferred until the June business meeting if the meeting will be held.
Canceled May programs:
1) Spring Cleanup on May 9th. We encourage club members to earn hours on their own time or small work teams of 1-3 people with social distancing. The maintenance and cleanup work has not gone away. See more details below on how to signup and earn hours
Continued to be open now and into May:
1) given social distancing of 6 feet, rifle & pistol range (note May pistol range closures for LEO classes, see schedule below); trap & skeet ranges with handthrower/own thrower and clays, archery target range on the lawn; pond for fishing with 2 fish daily limit; hiking and wildlife observation, mens bathroom.
2) the May pistol shoot is under review if it can be conducted with with many precautions. a seperate email will come out in May for a final decision.
3)One member’s early April fishing and wildlife observation experience at Norco: https://www.norco.club/2020/04/05/staying-sane-during-covid-19/