Kids Day 2019 had a good turnout with many youth participating in several fun activities.
- build your own pollinator box with choice of seeds
- make your own personalized walking stick for your next hike
- make a winter bird-food pine-cone treat for your backyard
- identify animal footprints and see animal pelts and learn about trapping
- make a fishing lure for spring trout season
- make a fun turkey call
- learn some archery skills and spin-casting skills, outdoors – despite the snow!
- enjoy meeting like-minded community service volunteers, share some your outdoor experiences and education, and meet new friends
- be a lucky drawing winner for donated outdoor gifts
- pickup outdoor literature for fishing, youth hunting programs, recreation areas, and lots more
Norco thanks the many member volunteers that make this day a success – for setup/cleanup, sharing one’s knowledge and helping kids with their project, food service, sponsorships, and welcoming all the visitors. We are also thankful for sponsors, donations, and supporting organizations include WCLSC, MA Wildlife, Shaws, Stop-n-Shop, Laphners Market, Bonnier Publishing (Outdoor Life), USDA, and member food and prize donations.